Thursday, September 12, 2013

Blogging with free wi-fi while on holiday in Greece –
not recommended for the faint-hearted!

Blogging is never easy when you've got sunshine, stunning views and an obscene amount of photo opportunities waiting outside for you. But it's made virtually impossible when the free wi-fi melts down every time more than one person tries to use it. So the chances of me getting another massive post up here on the blog before we come home are looking pretty slim. Even trying to get this little post up has been causing me grief!

We are having an absolutely brilliant time though. Spending four days (including my birthday!) in Santorini was wonderfully blissful. We are now back in Athens, shopping, sightseeing and this afternoon off on a bus trip to Cape Sounio. Two more days here and then off to Singapore for two days where we will be meeting with one of my blog readers!

If I don't get a chance to log in again before we get home, rest assured (or brace yourself!) – there will be a massive onslaught of a post on this blog in just over a week's time.

Until then, I will leave you with a picture of us in Santorini that totally looks like we have been superimposed onto the background which makes this whole holiday feel like even more of a dream . . .


12 comments:

  1. oh santorini <3 how i love thee.

    enjoy your the rest of your time in paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated birthdy wishes, Lisa!

    Looking forward to Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shvetha! We're looking forward to it too!! See you then :)

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday! What a wonderful place to celebrate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll miss your posts, but GOOD FOR YOU! You should enjoy your trip--you'll have plenty of time to update when you get back! (And Happy Birthday too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here I am with the trip more than a month behind me, still trying to get through the photos and post an update! Thanks for the b'day wishes :)

      Delete
  5. I visited Santorini more than 25 years ago. Loved the Island and its people. Kefalonia is another island I love, We rent a villa and pretend that this is our home for the duration of our holiday www.amarivilla.co.uk. Just blissful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anonymous! My previous trip to Santorini was just over 20 years ago and while tourism has grown enormously, the one thing that hasn’t changed is the magnificent caldera view. I’ve never been to Kefalonia but I’ve heard it’s a lovely place, as are all the Greek islands :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments and feedback.

To leave a comment, please choose your profile account from the dropdown menu below. If you don't have a profile account, you can use the "Anonymous" option but please remember to sign your name at the end of your comment so I know who you are.

Thanks and hear from you soon!